Follow us and learn more News.
What material is PE pipe made?
At present, in my country's municipal pipeline market, plastic pipes are also developing steadily. Among them, PE pipes, PP-R pipes, and UPVC pipes occupy a place. Among them, PE pipes have a strong momentum of development and are widely used. Among them, water supply pipe and gas pipe are two application markets.
At present, in China's municipal pipeline market, plastic pipe is also developing steadily, whichpe pipePP-R pipe and UPVC pipe occupy a place, among which PE pipe has a strong momentum of development and is widely used. Among them, water supply pipe and gas pipe are two application markets.
PE resin is polymerized from the monomer ethylene. Due to the different polymerization conditions such as pressure and temperature in the polymerization process, resins with different densities can be obtained, so there are high-density polyethylene and medium-density polyethylene. When processing different types of PE pipes, different resin grades are selected according to different application conditions, and the requirements for extruders and molds are also different.
Internationally, polyethylene pipes are divided into five grades: PE32, PE40, PE63, PE80, and PE100, which are mainly used for gas pipes and water supply pipes.
For water supplyPE pipeMaterial is the traditional steel pipe, PVC drinking water pipe replacement products.
A good pipeline must not only have good economy, but also have a series of advantages such as stable and reliable interface, impact resistance, cracking resistance, aging resistance, and corrosion resistance. Compared with the traditional pipeline,PE pipeMaterial has the following advantages:
(1) Reliable connection: Electrofusion connection is adopted, and the joint strength is higher than that of the pipe body.
(2) Good low-temperature impact resistance: The low-temperature brittleness temperature of polyethylene is very low, and it can be used safely at -60-60. In winter construction, the material has good impact resistance and will not cause brittle fracture of the pipeline. Internal stress crack performance: low notch sensitivity, high shear strength, good scratch resistance, good internal environmental stress crack performance.
(3) Good chemical resistance: It can resist the corrosion of various chemical media, and the chemical substances in the soil will not cause any degradation to the pipeline. Polyethylene is an electrical insulator, so it will not rot, rust or electrochemically corrode; in addition, it will not promote the growth of algae, bacteria or fungi.
(4) Anti-aging, long service life: polyethylene pipes containing 2-2.5% uniformly distributed carbon black can be stored or used outdoors for 50 years without being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
(5) Good wear resistance: After comparing the wear resistance of PET and steel pipes, it is found that the wear resistance of PET is 4 times that of steel pipes. In other words, in the field of mud transportation, the wear resistance is better than that of steel pipes, with long life and high economy.
(6) Good flexibility: easy to bend because of its flexibility. In engineering, obstacles can be bypassed by changing the direction of the pipeline. In many cases, the flexibility of the pipe can reduce the number of pipe fittings and reduce the installation cost.
(7) Good sanitary performance: PE pipe processing does not add heavy metal salt stabilizer, the material is non-toxic, non-fouling, and does not produce bacteria, which solves the secondary pollution of urban drinking water.
(8) Good impact resistance: PE pipe has good toughness and high impact strength. Heavy objects are directly pressed through the pipe without causing pipe fracture.